Step 1: Apply for Tuition Assistance Eligibility
1. Click on PASSHE PDO Application.PASSHE PDO APPLICATION
2. Complete the Application. You are required to complete the first page of this online application, which determines your eligibility for tuition assistance.
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Be a current employee at a certified child care program for 3 months or more or demonstrate employment history of 6 months in child care if newly hired. Participants actively enrolled in PDO activities will not be impacted by change of employer as long as the new employer is a certified child care program
- Work a minimum of 25 hours per week directly in a certified child care program and
- Be interested in pursuing coursework at a participating college toward an AA or BA degree or a CDA credential
You may find it helpful to complete this application with your center director or our Early Childhood Education (ECE) Professional Development Coordinators.
Next, advance through the entire application and click “Submit” at the end.
3. A Professional Development Coordinator will contact you to:
- Confirm your eligibility for tuition assistance.
- Guide you through the application at a PDO partner university, college, or program.
- Help you to register for classes.
Be sure to check your spam folder. It main contain an email from one of these Professional Development Coordinators.
Step 2: Apply to an Education Partner
What a great opportunity to advance!
As an early childcare worker/student, you can access numerous partner institutions of higher education and programs to earn your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education at no or low cost!
Before you apply to an education partner, be sure to speak with a Professional Development Coordinator who can help you navigate any fees that may be waived.VIEW EDUCATION PARTNERS
Step 3: Register for Courses
Class offerings at all education partners may change each semester. Check with Professional Development Coordinators or education partners for details!VIEW EDUCATION PARTNERS