- Be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Be a current employee at a certified child care program in Pennsylvania for three (3) months or more, or demonstrate employment history of six (6) months in child care if newly hired. (Participants actively enrolled in PDO activities will not be impacted by a change of employer, as long as the new employer is a certified child care program.)
- Work a minimum of 25 hours/week directly in a certified child care program.
- Earn no more than the maximum hourly earning limit of $25.00/hour (or $52,000/year) if you are a child care director.
- Earn no more than the maximum hourly earning limit of $21.63/hour (or $45,000/year) if you are a child care teacher, assistant teachers, or aide.
- Be interested to pursue coursework at a participating college, university, or other educational partner toward a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or an
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- GPA and course grades meet transfer requirements; a watch plan is developed for participants who do not meet transfer requirements.
- Sign a Pennsylvania Early Childhood Education Commitment Form.
Note: Additional funding eligibility requirements, limitations, and considerations may apply. Please check with your PD Coordinator for guidance.